Opportunity for Feedback on District’s Proposed 3-year Calendar
The Burnaby School District is welcoming feedback and comments until January 8, 2020 about the proposed three-year calendar for the school years from 2020-21 through 2022-23. The calendar sets out winter and spring breaks, as well as school closure days, including district-wide professional days.
The following is of note:
- The proposed three-year calendar is aligned with other Metro Vancouver school districts; the winter and spring break dates suggested are the same.
- Since 2014 the Burnaby School District has been operating with five school closure days. The instructional time lost, due to the closure days, is added to the remaining days in session.
- The number of professional development days (six) remains the same in all three years.
- The draft calendar for the 2020-21 school year includes four Professional Development Days which tentatively fall on:
- Friday October 23, 2020
- Friday November 27, 2020
- Friday February 26, 2021
- Monday April 26, 2021
- Each school must also choose additional professional days (two) over the course of the school year. These are published in the spring before the following year’s calendar.
- Each year, all Burnaby Schools meet the required hours of instruction.
If you have feedback, please share it by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org